Camelon Juniors vs Stirling University EOS



Rarely has the phrase “a game of two halves” been so true in a game of football! Carmuirs Park survived Storm Erik to be playable today although it was a little heavy underfoot. The strong westerly wind blowing across the park did however cause difficulties for both squads throughout the game. But from the off, Stirling University came out of the blocks the stronger and their game plan had the Mariners struggling to get consistency. Stirling chased down the ball at every opportunity and were rewarded for their efforts when they took the lead on 22 minutes. They continued to have the best of the game and the majority of the first 45 minutes were played in Camelon’s half with only a few excursions forward to give Stirling’s ‘keeper any work to do.

Following a strong half time team talk, Gordon Herd immediately made changes, bringing Alan Sneddon on for Conor McKenzie and switching from the original 4-5-1 formation to 4-4-2. Sneds was immediately into the action and the Mariners pace was noticeably raised. Passes were better placed and the vocal encouragement between players was much louder and more positive. Pressure mounted and the following 10 minutes saw the game completely change. On 58 minutes, Kieran Anderson put the ball away to level the scores. Then just 2 minutes had passed on the clock before Alan Sneddon doubled the Mariners score. Further positive play followed and 5 minutes later, Kieran latched onto a wind assisted clearance from Dean Shaw to double his tally for the day and move onto 37 goals for the season. Then just 3 more minutes passed before Alan Docherty decided against options to cross and battled through to score Camelon’s 4th of the afternoon. A further 10 minutes went by with Stirling getting a little more of the action but never really managing to recreate their strength from the first half. Then on 78 minutes, Connor McMullan put the ball into the net for Camelon’s 5th goal.

Gordon Herd then made a couple of changes, taking Jordan Herron and Alan Docherty off and bringing on Liam McCroary and, from the under 20s, Jack Frame – further evidencing our commitment to the player pathway options within the club. Both were involved in the action and the pressure continued right to the end. Infact, just as many were thinking the game was done, Ryan Lockie sent the ball through a crowded penalty area to get his second of the season and completing the second half rout.

So the strong second half performance left the 100 strong crowd leaving on a high and ensured we held onto a strong 4th place in the league with options still there for a higher finish this season. It also set us up nicely for our rescheduled South Region Cup 4th round match this Wednesday evening against Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale at Saughton Enclosure in Edinburgh.



Date Time League Season Full Time
February 9, 2019 2:30 pm East of Scotland Football League 2018-2019 90'


Carmuirs Park
5 Fairlie Dr, Camelon, Falkirk FK1, UK


Club1st Half2nd HalfGoals
Camelon Juniors066
Stirling University EOS101

Camelon Juniors

# Player Position Goals Assists Yellow Cards Red Cards
1Dean ShawGoalkeeper01 (65')00
2Jason DeansMidfielder0000
3Ryan LockieDefender1 (92')000
4Don MorrisonDefender0010
5Greg SkinnerDefender0000
6David MorrisonMidfielder0000
7Conor McKenzie 12Midfielder0000
8Jordan Herron 14Midfielder0000
9Connor McMullanMidfielder1 (78')000
10Kieran AndersonForward2 (58', 65')000
11Alan Docherty 15Forward1 (68')000
12Alan Sneddon 7Forward1 (60')000
14Liam McCroary 8Defender0000
15Jack Frame 11Midfielder0000
16Lewis CroyDefender0000
21Jordan LivingstoneGoalkeeper0000